CODE OF CONDUCT
To All Junior Golfers:
As guests of the Clubs who are gracious enough to host TJGA events, players are expected to return that courtesy by conducting themselves at all times in an exemplary manner. Players should show proper consideration to Club members and personnel and proper regard for the Club's property and that of its members and personnel. Disorderly conduct and inappropriate behavior of any type will result in suspension from tournament play or other appropriate sanctions. In this spirit the Toledo Junior Golf Association expects participants in its events to observe all rules set forth in the Code of Conduct. Failure to observe any of these rules could result in disqualification from the present or future events and/or any other sanctions deemed appropriate by the Toledo Junior Golf Association.
1. Arrive at tournament locations and check in with the starter 20 minutes before your tee time.
2. Conduct yourself at all times like a true sportsman and do not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct. Acts of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to the following examples:
• Throwing clubs
• Damaging greens
•ï Failing to replace divots on fairways, tees or greens
• Failing to rake traps
3. You must play quickly enough to keep up with the group ahead of you and you should move along as rapidly as possible. You will be penalized for undue delay. (USGA Rule No. 37-7).
4. Each player must play his own game with his own skill and knowledge and may not give or receive advise. PARENTS AND FRIENDS PLEASE NOTE: Continual conversation with a player will be deemed to be the giving of advice to that player and could result in the disqualification of that player and/or the imposition of other penalties. In order to avoid infractions of this rule and to aid in promoting a climate of fair competition in all TJGA events, it is strongly recommended that you stay at least one-half hole in front of or behind the player whom you are following.
5. Show the patience and fortitude to complete even the worst of round and report your score and do not pick up or fail to turn in your scorecard. Unauthorized "pickups" will automatically suspend you from the next scheduled event. Your committee may authorize a "pick up" at any time for appropriate reasons.
6. Make certain that only one player is on the tee at one time.
7. In order to preserve the tees, do not put your golf bag on them or take unnecessary practice swings on them. Similarly, protect the greens by making sure that when you drop golf bags or flagsticks, both are off the green.
8. Develop the habit of confidence in your swing and eliminate the necessity of repeated practice swings. Remember, the repeated practice swings become a bad habit!
9. Carry or pull your own clubs. No caddies or electrical carts are permitted in any TJGA event.
10. Out of consideration of both yourself and others refrain from smoking at all times during and TJGA event.
11. Be considerate of your fellow competitors and play the game according to the rules.
12. Any participant failing to turn in a score card will be subjected to a 2 week suspension in all TJGA events.
13. TJGA Dress Code! No jeans, shirts must have collars, baseball hats worn correctly.
14. Please no cell phones in bags.
You have the ability through the BlueGolf system to withdraw from a tournament prior to the deadline. Log into your account and you will have the ability to do so. Please take note that there is a $5.00 fee for cancellation. The fee covers our credit card fees.
We do not usually cancel unless forced by weather. Please look in the back of the book, page 7 for our policy and return check arrangements.
Please be early to your tee time. We would suggest checking in at least 20 minutes before your time.
Please remember your golf course etiquette at all times. We are very fortunate to play some of the best courses in the area. Please take care of them.